TRB Webinar: Research in Progress Database: Entering Projects and Searching Records
Register for this webinar
August 22, 2018 02:00 PM - 03:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Professional Development Hours for this webinar
Continuing Education Hours for this webinar
AAE: 0.0 hour(s)
AICP: 0.0 hour(s)
CLE: 0.0 hour(s)
TRB will conduct a webinar on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET that provides users of TRB's Research in Progress (RiP) Database with the latest information about RiP's search and data entry interfaces.
The RiP Database is a leading tool for transportation professionals to stay updated on current or recently-completed transportation research projects. In order to comply with federal Public Access Plan requirements, projects that receive federal funding must be entered into the RiP database. This webinar is updating information presented during a webinar held on August 24, 2017.
There is no fee to attend this webinar, and no credits will be awarded. Sign into MyTRB.org to register.
- Janet Daly, Transportation Research Board
Moderated by: Elaine Ferrell, Transportation Research Board
- Distinction between the Transport Research International Documentation (TRID) and RiP databases
General guidance on using the RiP Database
- Overview of TRID's purpose and contents
- Overview of RiP's purpose and contents
Guidance for individuals from state departments of transportation, U.S. Department of Transportation, and University Transportation Centers
- Search the RiP Database by various fields using the new responsive design interface
- Browse project records by subject category
- Use a look-up for searching by index terms, individuals, organizations or location
- Export records
Question and answer session
- Enter a new project record into the RiP Database using the data entry interface or bulk import tool
- Locate records from their organization
- Update or delete an existing record for their organization in the RiP Database
The first 30 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Locate records in the RiP Database
- Submit a new project record using the data entry interface
- Modify or delete an existing project record from their organization
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu.